Thursday, December 10, 2009

so wisconsin we really need to talk about this winter thing...


ohhh snow!I can't take this anymore. I've lived in Wisconsin my whole life and the winter never seemed to bother me until recently. Ever since I've gotten older I've hated everything about it. The cold, the snow, the ice, the driving! It all drives me crazy. My driving sucks to begin with and now that the roads are icy and snowy my driving is even worse. I wish that we could have a snow-less winter, an 80 degree winter without having to move to Florida or somewhere strange like that.

So cancelling of classes on wednesday was fantastic! I was so excited to not have to drive down to campus.I wasn't neccessarily excited about not having class I was just excited about not driving. I still had to go to work which was quite the challenge. I for one got stuck in my drive way, then I got stuck in my alley. After I got out I slowely made my way to work. Once there I found out that every single cashier we had for that day had called in because of the snow. So it was only me and 3 other employees in tyhe whole store. That was very interesting because it was somewhat busy for the weather being so bad. We thankfully made it through the night and the store was still in one piece at the end of it all. This was a great way for me to really show myself as an employee and prove that I could handle things on my own. I know that anything that happens I can handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment