Tuesday, December 1, 2009

what a joke...

Sometimes everything just seems to bother me. It can someting as small as a song i didnt like came on the radio, to something big like failing a test. Lately for me i feel like if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. Everything is going wrong, my class are piling on the homework, my work is making work till 11pm for holiday hours, my parents are complaining to me, I just want to step back and tell everyone to back off for a bit. In my last blog I wrote about working black friday and how excited I was, well I got to be the door greeter this year. And lets just say I was less than thrilled about that. So there I stood from 4:30am-1:30pm saying hello and making sure no one stole. I love my job and all but that was the most boring thing they have ever made me do.


Since I'm on the job kick I might as well complain about my night last night. A customer comes in with a thing of medicine, and tries to return it. I try scanning it and the computer tells me it has already been returnd and it wouldn't let me return it. He then hands me some make-up his girlfriend had bought and gave me the same receipt from the medicine. I look at the slip and I can't find the make up on it anywhere. So, I tell him that the make-up is not on the slip. He grabs it and walks off and I assume it was the end of that. A few minutes later I hear a woman swearing and yelling at the top of her lungs. I instantly know this must be the girlfriend and she was not happy that her make-up couldnt be returned. I try to explain to her what happened and why I couldn't return it but she still wanted none of that. She is calling me every name in the book, every customer in the store is staring up at the desk because she is yelling at me so loudly. My supervisor says "ma'am" and the customer swears at her. The customer then grabs the make-up after yelling at me some more saying I was calling her a liar, she starts walking out and stops. Turns around and says "It's cuz he's black isn't it?" I'm not even kidding when I say that it went dead silent and everyone turned and looked at her. To accuse me or even my store for that matter of something so obviously un-true was just shocking to hear. I try to do my jon the best I can, and getting yelled at is something I have come to expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment