Tuesday, September 22, 2009

a "Bat-tastic"night!


Imagine a bat like that swooping at your head,all while trying to stay calm and ring up a customers purchases. Let me tell you, it doesn't work that well. I can honestly say seeing that bat at work on tuesday night was one of the scariest things ever. It was just a normal night until about 7pm. I was ringing up a customers purchase when i look up to see a big brown bat swooping past. I immediatly panic and my first thought was to run and hide and in the cash office which is connected to the service desk. I started to run because the bat was flying at people when I realized I have to finish ringing up this customer. So, with my hands shaking and heart racing I quickly finish the transaction and lock myself in the office. Now,the cashier during this time was scared to death, as was everyone else, but I was honestly more worried about not getting attacked by the bat then anything else. After i emerge from the office it seems to be safe. Mary, my co-worker who works at the desk with me had returned from her break and I informed her of what had happened. Now, Mary and I are the two worst people to have working when theres a bat, because we are the biggest chickens who work there. Right after I finish telling her about the bat it swoops out from around the corner. We both scream and run to hide in the cash office. During this time there are still people in line both at the registers and at the service desk but we booked it anyway and just left them.

I really can't even begin to explain how terrified I am of bats. I had never actually seen one up close until then and I came to a conclusion, they are the scariest thing in the world. One of the few times I was locked in the office crying because I was laughing so hard and because I was so scared and I also realized how bad I was shaking and how bad my heart was racing. I really did think I was gonna have a heart attack or die of fear. Finally after scaring us for over and hour the bat flew over to our pharmacy and then down the hallway. We quickly locked the doors and shut the pharmacy gate so it couldn't return, at least tonight anyway. It's safe to say it was one of the scariest nights ever at shopko and I hope it never happens again because I dont think I could do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment