Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A little history...


After making a few posts about things that have been happening in my life I though I'd back track and talk a little bit about myself and my life. I am nineteen years old and I currently live in La Crosse,born and raised. I attended Immanuel Lutheran School for grades k-8. From there I went on to Logan High School where I graduated from this past year. I am Currently in my first year at Western Technical College and I love it, now a little bit of info from my past.


I always tell people growing up as a kid of the nineties was the best time to grow up. The tv shows that were on during that time were amazing such as rugrats,doug,hey arnold, are you afraid of the dark. Shows like that aren't around anymore and it's a shame because they were some good television.


Another thing I loved about being a kid from the 90's were the toys! Such as the sit and spin I have pictured. This toy was so fun and although spinning on it for too long didn't have the best outcome it was still one of my favorite toys growing up.


As a kid growing up I was also involved in martial arts. I joined Nicklaus Martial Arts America at age 6 and remained in it till I was 16 years old. In that time I became a second degree black belt and learned so many valuable tools in life,not just about defending myself but about conducting myself. It was such a great experience that I wouldn't take back for anything.


If I could've had the choice to pick a profession when I was a kid I most definately would have picked to be a "Mighty Morphin Power Ranger" when I got older. To me nothing got better then the power rangers. I wouldn't go anywhere if I would miss an episode, I would even make my dad tape the new episode if I had karate class because I refused to miss it. I'm also pretty sure that I was a pink power ranger for 3-4 years for halloween because thats all I ever wanted to be.


Almost as amazing as the power rangers to me was Billy Ray Cyrus. I grew up listening to country music and still love it to this day. As a kid when I would hear "Achy Breaky Heart" I would instantly drop everything and start dancing. This song was the most amazing thing that could've happened to me. I listened to it all the time,it didn't matter to me that Billy Ray Cyrus had a mullet,to me he was the cutest thing in the world. And I'm pretty sure I once said I was gonna have this song at my wedding, now keep in mind I was very young when I said that. Even now if I catch this song on the radio I was turn it up and sing along with Achy Breaky Heart.

There are so many other things I could talk about from my past but I'll leave that for another day, take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment